Friday, February 20, 2009

Life and Times of Ben and Jaz


A lot of things are going on right now! It has been a while since I have written anything of real substance in this blog, but I hope to be able to share what the Lord is doing here at the Valley Church of Christ in Wasilla, Alaska. There have been a lot of baptisms lately and it looks like a lot more to come, its awesome when a congregation is evangelistic and not just the minister/preacher or missionaries. When members start their own studies and are sharing their own lives and stories with the lost and converting them to Christ, its truly amazing! It is the dream of any worker for the Lord, to see the body working together to bring others to Christ! One aspect of the work which I am involved in and really excited about is the mens ministry. We have a small group of about 10 men who meet every Tuesday night to share our lives together but more importantly to study the nature of God in order to grow closer to Him. The past few months the men have grown really close and it has been awesome to see plans and thoughts and ideas put into action, as a group of men will be driving the 6 hour trip up to Fairbanks Alaska and serving the congregation there on a Sunday in March! I am unfortunately not going to be able to go with them because I will be spending some time in Mexico with my beautiful wife Jazmin, as we are still awaiting anxiously her visa and documentation allowing her to live here in America. She is waiting patiently and continues to grow in her relationship with God. I have decided to put off college for a few years and continue to pursue a certificate of Biblical Studies from Sunset Int. Bible Institute, which will aide me in becoming a better servant and worker for the Lord. I will be taking most of the classes online, so that I can gain Bible knowledge while in the meantime getting experience working with the congregation here in Alaska. Its an exciting time to be a worker for the Lord, as "the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few." I encourage every Christian to persevere in the work!

No comments: