Tuesday, August 5, 2008

sad but true


I know that usually, missionaries put the success stories of the work on their blogs.... but the sad truth of the matter is that things dont always work out that great. Someone once said that "The life of a Christian isnt easier, it just isnt lonely" and also that "Christianity isnt a religion that gets you out of a bad situation, it just gets you through it." Today I went out to my friend Davids house, and got to visit with him, his mom Isabel (to the left), and his little sister Maribel. David is growing up in a house with no manly influence, and is confused about a lot of things, doesnt have a lot of motivation, and the motivation that he does have is for the wrong reasons. Maribel is either oblivious to the familys situation, or chooses to ignore it, as she often seems in her own little world. Isabel is the single mother who takes care of the family, but she just started working again after a long period of time not working at all. She had borrowed money from a money lending company here in Leon, but because she didnt pay back the money, they took away her stove. So when I was at her house, she explained to me that they are forced to buy food that you dont need to cook on a stove. I have to admit, ever since I have gotten here, her situation has gotten worse and worse. It breaks my heart to see it, but its the truth. The only thing that she really has in life is Jesus, and sometimes I'm not even sure if she realizes it, wants it, or care about it. Please pray for my friends, our brothers and sister in Christ, who dont have as good of a life as we do.

1 comment:

Antoinette said...

Ben I am glad that you can be there and show this family Christ's love. I know you are bringing them closer to Christ and that is the neatest feeling. It will be good to have you home for a time. I know that God has His plans for you.

See you soon
ant