Tuesday, August 12, 2008

robbers

Hi everyone! Well I have some good news. The good news is that Jesus loves us. The bad news, some robbers broke into our apartment last Wednesday and stole 3 laptop computers (including mine), 2 digital cameras, and a wallet. Thankfully, no one got hurt because we werent home. So I have limited access to the internet right now, but im here in a cyber cafe typing this. This situation reminds me of 2 things, 1. how blessed we really are to be missionaries who have unlimited communication through the internet, and 2. how unimportant ¨stuff¨ really is. For example, right now because I have no computer, I am getting more time to spend reading the Bible and studying it. I have already learned so much more just from this time and I am enjoying the closeness that I have with God. So my encouragement to you is, forget the computer or the email or whatever ¨stuff¨ you have blocking your communication with God, and talk with Him for a while, or read his Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these comments are great! Especially because we know you, and it is true. thanks for your good attitude.