Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mi Familia





Hey everyone. Im sorry its been quite a few weeks since I have been able to write anything, my parents were here for one week and not to mention we are just straight up busy with different things. My definition of home has changed in the past year that I have been here. Home is not where are feet are planted or where my house or things are, but where my heart is. For the past year, my heart has been here with the work and with the people I have met. This doesnt mean that I forgot about my real family, who stayed with me for a week to see how and what I am doing here. But this kind of mindset makes it easier to move to through the next open door that God has for me, which will be moving back to Alaska in September to continue ministry there. Also, as Christians, our hearts should be set on heaven and on Christ, not an earthly home but a home with our Savior in the sky. My challenge is to spend as much time with the people and community around you as possible, and less time worrying about work and money. Remember where your true home will be, and that while we are here we have no other purpose other than to glorify God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was good to meet your folks! thanks for letting us share time with them.