Thursday, October 16, 2008

encontre algo!!!


Well to my surprise, I am already finding a Spanish ministry to work in here! I went to a gun show a week ago and was talking to a minister at the DeBarr Church of Christ in Anchorage, Alaska, about 40 miles south of where I am. He was talking about how on every Thursday he runs an emergency pantry where he gives out 6 bags of groceries to every family who needs them. He told me that most of the families are Spanish speaking and understand English but either arent able to communicate or are to shy to reply in English. So I volunteered to help him with that. I will at first be getting to know some of the families, then asking them about the Bible, offering to study with them, then possible a Sunday morning class, and then if the Lord wills that some of them be baptized, a Spanish congregation might need to be started! So please pray for this new ministry that I have become a part of here. The picture is of one of the ladies at the church getting some food for a family.


No comments: