Tuesday, September 23, 2008

family time





I love Alaska and just the whole lifestyle which is the norm here. This weekend we went blueberry picking up at Hatchers Pass to try and find some of the last "trophy" size berries of the season. While we were up there, it began to snow and I realized I was watching two seasons at once, down in the valley it was still autumn w/ the leaves yellow and orange, but up in the mountains it was already winter! I cant wait until Jazmin is up here and is able to experience all of these things, I cant help but think that her relationship with God will grow just from seeing a change of scenery for once!! Just a little update, I am now working part time at my congregation here, I am taking two sunset classes, preaching and teaching when I have the chance, and mainly doing visits with different people from the church and also with the lost. In the early mornings (1a.m. to 5:30a.m.) I deliver the local newspaper, and this is only 3 times a week. My ministry at the church here isnt really a "job" per say, but more of my passion and my life. My job with the paper allows me to be able to preach and serve the Lord full time. Isnt it great how the Lord provides? I know that I will need more money come next June after the wedding, but im in a safe, comfortable place right now and for that I am thankful. I love you all and God bless - Ben

2 comments:

Princess Warrior for my King said...

Hey Ben!! I am so happy for your new adventures in this chapter of your life. Jaz is actually here typing this with me! Just thought we'd drop a note and say hi!! Take care and we love you (and Jaz say she loves you more)! :) Megan and Jazmin

Anonymous said...

WOW! Must be nice to be in CANADA!

LOL!

We miss you man! But we are in AZ at the moment visiting family.
You are in our prayers.